I love spinach. I love strawberries. Put them together and what do you get? A perfect spring salad rich in Niacin, Zinc, Dietary Fiber, Protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol), Vitamin K, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Copper and Manganese. My kinda tasty. To make one of these bad boys, try the following ingredients (or whatever veggies you may have on hand):
2. Add strawberries for sweetness (I used four).
3. Add sliced onion for some zip (red would have probably been better).
4. Add some bell peppers for color (contrast is nice).
5. And some sliced cucumber for crunch (~1.5 inch piece per salad).
6. Top with some cheese (nuts would have been good as well, but they are currently too expensive for my budget).
7. Drizzle with oil and vinegar (I used balsamic) and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
8. Serve with a nice piece of bread for a filling and healthy lunch (hard-boiled/fried egg or grilled chicken would be a great addition for dinner, or lunch if you like more midday protein!).